Ответить
lucien85
interested
interested
Версия LabVIEW: latest
Контактная информация:

Phase Difference Measurement by means of Digital Sampling

Сообщение lucien85 »

A software is to be developed with Lab-View to record and compare two voltage signals simultaneously. The software shall be of the function to determine the time difference at the zero-crosses of the two signals with confirmed errors.
The analyzed results will be interpreted as the phase differences to do phase calibrations.

I am using 'Clark-Hess Model 5500-2 Digital phase standard' which generates 2 analog sine waves of the same frequency, connected to a PC with Labview via GPIB. http://www.clarke-hess.com/5500.html

I am new to Labview and thus may i know:

1)How do i generate the waveform of the 2 sine waves concurrently on Labview from the hardwave mentioned above? The instrument driver is not available and thus the driver samples are not available to me. I had tried the DAQ assistant(through acquire signals>sine wave>voltage) but it fails to detect any instrument.

2)What sampling rate & resolution of the analog to digital converter hardware do i need? (I read somewhere and it vaguely says that it more practical to have 10x sampling rate of the signal measured, instead of 2x by theory.) Or, are there better/cheaper ways to digitize the 2 sine waves? Model 5500-2 has got a frequency range of 1hz-200khz.

3)Using Labview, how do i perform linear regressions at the zero crossings of the digital signals to measure phase difference? Do i need to incorperate 3rd party programs like Matlab to do this?

4)I read about using FFT for phase measurement, thus what others methods can i use in labview to measure phase difference of the 2 digital signals?
mzu2006

Professionalism Tutorials Black
doctor
doctor
Награды: 3
Версия LabVIEW: 7.1 10 11 12
Контактная информация:

Re: Phase Difference Measurement by means of Digital Samplin

Сообщение mzu2006 »

lucien85 писал(а): 'Clark-Hess Model 5500-2 connected to a PC with Labview via GPIB. http://www.clarke-hess.com/5500.html

1)How do i generate the waveform of the 2 sine waves concurrently on Labview from the hardwave mentioned above?
First thing you will need is a manual for the communication protocol (commands) for you instrument. If it is IEEE 488.2 compatible - then it may accept standard command subset.
lucien85 писал(а): 2)What sampling rate & resolution of the analog to digital converter hardware do i need? Model 5500-2 has got a frequency range of 1hz-200khz.
You need to tell us more about your application. For fundamentals check here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4523
lucien85 писал(а): 3)Using Labview, how do i perform linear regressions at the zero crossings of the digital signals to measure phase difference?
Fit linear.vi will do the job
lucien85 писал(а): 4)I read about using FFT for phase measurement, thus what others methods can i use in labview to measure phase difference of the 2 digital signals?
[/quote]
implement your own lock-in amplifier?
Ответить