beginner
beginner
Версия LabVIEW: 2010
Контактная информация:

PIC16F877A+UART for LABVIEW

Сообщение noel_t »

Dear all,

please kindly help me with this.

I need to send four measurement parameters to the PC for display and storage purposes. The software for this aim is LABVIEW. I am new to PIC and Interfacing, but by putting so much effort and asking questions from experts, i could have accomplished the acquisition of all the data till today. ( PIC16F877A, C language with Hi-tech compiler and using PROTEUS as simulator)
I could also transmit a character "HELLO" through RS232 with my UART to USB converter and the result in hyperterminal was observed as well.
I am quite happy that i could have reached up to this stage. but on the other hand, unfortunately my knowledge is absolutely poor about LABVIEW.
I have heard that if i have control over the format of the data from PIC to LABVIEW, it is not that difficult.
Please find the attached pictures of the design for better understanding.

Questions:
1- can you please explain what is the technique to transmit the 10-bit data from PIC ADC to the 8-bit serial port? something like this:

do {
for (i=0; i <=7; i++) {
myarray=read_temp();
}

for (i=0; i <=7; i++) {
putch (Lo(myarray)); //send the lower 8 bits of ADC reading
putch(Hi(myarray)); // Send upper 8 bits of ADC reading
}

2- How to identify each channel at the reception side (LABVIEW). For example, 1011011110=Channel 0 (ADC-1=Light) or 1011010110=Channel 1 (ADC-1=temperature) and so on. Something like this can work?

do {
an0 = ADC_Read(0) >> 2;
USART_Write(an0);
an1 = ADC_Read(1) >> 2;
USART_Write(an1);

an2 = ADC_Read(2) >> 2;
USART_Write(an2);

an3 = ADC_Read(3) >> 2;
USART_Write(an3);

an4 = ADC_Read(4) >> 2;
USART_Write(an4);

Thanks in advance for your help.
PIC16F877A+UART for LABVIEW.pdf
It shows the initial prototype + illustrates the transmission of "HELLO" to hyperterminal+ unknown codes on hyper terminal when i transmit the ADC readings to serial port
(920.75 КБ) 931 скачивание
palacio
interested
interested
Версия LabVIEW: 3.0.2
Контактная информация:

Re: PIC16F877A+UART for LABVIEW

Сообщение palacio »

Are the IPhone Clones able to run all the applications from the real IPhone? I am asking this is because I am planning on buying an IPhone mainly because of its applications, like the beatmakers, music makers, anything that is connected with music making applications and some other video stuff. I wont be doing wifi/surfing the internet. Just plain old call and sms plus the applications.